We are one of the only tea brands in the world that uses only pharmacopoeial grade herbs in all our products. This means our teas are held to the highest quality standards possible, set forth by the European Pharmacopoeia.
The European Pharmacopoeia is an official reference book that defines the quality control standards for pharmaceutical products. We use rigorous testing to ensure that all herbs meet these standards of purity and efficacy before using them in our teas. All our herbs must contain the right balance of active compounds and essential oils, so they deliver true health benefits and great taste when brewed as tea.
What makes our teas so special is not just our high-quality natural ingredients, but also our experience formulating wellness products. Our teas are manufactured by our partner, Alkaloid, AD - a pharmaceutical company located in Skopje, North Macedonia. Alkaloid was established in 1936 and now has over 80 years of experience in the wellness industry. Our master blenders at Alkaloid formulate our teas according to herbal traditions that have been used in the Macedonian region for centuries.
- Certified Organic (USDA/NOP, EU 2091/91, and Jas)
- FDA registered and GMP compliant manufacturing facilities
- FSSC 22000 certified (complying with the requirements of Food Safety System Certification)
- ISO 9001:2008 certified (complying with the requirements of Quality Management System Standard)
- ISO 14001:2004 certified (complying with the requirements of the Environmental Management System Standard)
- HACCP (Hazard Analysis of Critical Control Points) certified
- Tea bags made from 100% unbleached paper
- Tea boxes made from 100% recycled paper board - at least 40% verified post-consumer waste
- Tea-tags attached with 100% cotton string
- Soy ink used for all printing